Monday, November 19, 2007

Work in progress

yeah let me know what you think, still a work in progress though:)

A Christians Testimony



Darkness was my life before,
the night I made that choice.
And the years keep passing more and more,
since I began my life with Christ.

The years have trudged on.
With many joys in it's wake.
Many pains come and gone.
Many events taken place.

As I ponder these years.
I think of all the pain,
all the times of trial.
and all the times of love.


Yet through these many years,
There has been a growth in faith.
And a certain Love for God.
that could make the Devil cave.

Lord, still there are times,
Times I fail you
Times I curse.
Times I ignore

Times I hate


Too many times I feel unworthy,
unworthy to be called your servant,
Unworthy of your love and grace,

I pray to you oh God,
"Lord, I am a fool,
I let You down and all those around.
God forgive my sins"

I always ask for forgiveness.
Time and time again.
And I always listen to my words.
And still they sound the same.


It is then I remember
The many many years.
The many times I've said these words
The many times I've failed.

An overwhelming sense of guilt
begins to fill my conscious mind.


My eyes well up with tears
And I cry "Why would you forgive!
How could you even care!
I don't deserve to live."

As I sit in silence
thinking why my heart still beats
I begin to feel your presence
I begin to feel your peace

And then you let me know
In your own subtle way
And I may not understand it now
But you love me today and always.


And now trials may come and go
And my road may not be smooth
But my Joy in you will never cease
And my faith will never loose.

With this simple truth
Ringing in my ears
I grow more in love for you
With each passing year.

~Nate Rabideau

3 comments:

The Ethan said...

hmmmm very good Nate! i feel you.

Nate said...

Thanks dude!:)

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.